i debated for a bit whether or not to journal today, but i'm glad i held myself to it. i always end up producing something i like!
today's journal entry is sourced mainly from the new single "Foghorn" by PUZZLE (one of the shears twins [fletcher] who run the garden--great lads, those)
see if you can track which exact six seconds (or so) or the song i snippeted! there are also a few flavor sounds culled from a pack of squeaky chair samples i have (shoutout dave40 - i miss your website every day)
oh yeah, i have to post the track for you to be able to listen. here we are:
in other news . . .
- watched two more episodes of movistar documentary with pops. vistas of french and spanish moountains revived my bygone dreams of being a pro cyclist (i could certainly never do this. i don't have the discipline, but it's nice to imagine crossing the finish line in first, or standing on the podium. i think my winning pose would be the classic "spread eagle" [demonstrated below])
- currently have a splitting headache (okay, i'm being dramatic, it's not too bad). possibly from listening to the heavyshear loop over and over again. too much bass can be bad for your brain, probably.
- options on what to do with my remaining three or so hours: play 428 shibuya scramble (very interesting game! i'll talk about it here later sometime) or watch valerie and her week of wonders on kanopy (thanks to my being faculty at a university, i get free membership! hot dog!). valerie is short enough (78 minutes?!) that i could probably pull both off if i were really whacko committed to that double-play, but i'd rather do one thing and then go to bed. lol.
- tomorrow i may or may not have to make a phone call (ugh). i will also have to ride on the silly indoor bicycle in the morning, otherwise my dad will get mad at me for not working out.
- tone glow road trip issue comes out tomorrow! i really, really hope that people like my piece. it's very personal, and i usually hate writing about myself (formally, at least), but i feel pretty good about this blurb, so i'm excited to see the reception. josh (toneglow bossman) seemed to really like it when i submitted it to him last night (josh, by the way, is the coolest fucking guy in the universe--so nice and sweet--you can follow him on twitter at @misterminsoo)
- the best part about tone glow is that i get paid ten bux a blurb. that's probably more than most music writers are making. seriously! this industry sucksssss
- hmmm, i think i'm getting long winded. is this what journalling does to you? am i becoming self-obsessed? oh, god, please, no! anything but that!